Mission & Objectives
The Alliance responds to the need and demand for an inclusive global forum and platform for cross-sectoral policy dialogue on the use of ICT for enhancing the achievement of internationally agreed development goals, notably reduction of poverty.
The Alliance will seek to contribute to:
- Mainstreaming of the global ICT agenda into the broader United Nations development agenda
- Bringing together key organizations involved in ICT for development (ICT4D) to enhance their collaboration and effectiveness for achieving the internationally agreed development goals
- Raising awareness of policy makers on ICT4D policy issues;
- Facilitating identification of technological solutions for specific development goals and pertinent partnerships
- Creating an enabling environment and innovative business models for pro-poor investment and growth and for empowering people living in poverty
- Acting as a "think-tank" on ICT4D-related issues and as an advisory group to the Secretary-General.